Background

Saturday, January 21, 2012

25 was a great year!

I'm pretty sure the only people that read this are people who actually know me, so I feel safe assuming that y'all know my birthday was this past week.  I was thinking back on what a crazy/wonderful year 25 was...here are some of the highlights:


1. I graduated with my Masters.  Like, I officially graduated.  I walked across the stage, got my fake diploma, finished my last 2 papers, and got a letter that says I will be getting my diploma sometime around March.






2.  I decided to kick the carb crutch, started Atkins, and lost 40 pounds.




Michelle and I last January (2011)


Michelle and I this January (2012)


2.  Our posse (yep, I said posse) expanded by a pod this year.  We spent many a Monday during the last year at Morts, enjoying half-priced martinis, Wednesdays at Trivia night, and had 1 or 2 ridiculous weekend shindigs.  I miss my friends daily and I can't wait for my next trip to the Sunflower state to see them.


The Tropic of Cancer team for Crawl for Cancer (aka Pod)




3.  I traveled the world.  Literally.  I visited Alyssa in Seattle in February, Di in Madrid in March, Carrie in Chicago in May, Evan in DC in July, the Iowa State Fair in August, Elise in LA in September, not to mention all the random trips to KC.  In November, Carrie and her family were sweet enough to have me over for Thanksgiving since I couldn't go home.  


Alyssa and I were excited for the Harry Potter exhibit.  Obvi.

Di and I in Toledo, Spain
The kids at the White House.

Elise, Minnie, and I, ya know, chillin' at Disney Land.
Iowa State Fair!



4. In October, I accepted a new position and moved to Indianapolis.  I have already been on a couple work-related trips and made friends!  I am loving my new city and can't wait to keep exploring.


Allison and I cheering on the Celtics at the Pacers game.  


This past year was beyond amazing.  I don't know that there is an adjective strong enough to describe how fantastic it was...I can't wait to see what 26 has waiting for me! 


P.S: If anyone wants to visit me, I have an extra bedroom...

2 comments:

  1. Aubs,

    Wonderful post. Not only did i want to wish you "Happy Birthday" on your blog, but I wanted to say how wonderful it was to have met you this past year, and eventually being able to call you a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Eric, you are always so sweet! I appreciate the birthday wishes! You are such a dear friend who absolutely helped make 25 so awesome! I can't wait to be home and see you :)

      Delete