Background

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Beginnings

Hello Hello!

I know that normally I share my misadventures and various kitchen escapades here, but today I want to share something a little different.  

In March, my frindle and my future-frindle-in-law got engaged.  Carrie is one of my best friends, former roommate, and a sorority sister.  The frindle designation came one night in college (as so many nicknames do) during a series of texts; technically, a frindle is a ball point pen from a children's book, but in our case, it is a designation for a special friend.  I digress.  So Carrie and Tom got engaged in March, in the spot where Carrie parked on their first date.  Luckily, I live only 3.5 hours away and was able to see them the next day and celebrate!

The Happy Couple the day after their engagement!

So while Carrie and Tom were planning their impending nuptials, they asked me to perform the ceremony.  I was shocked and excited at first, but when I started thinking about it, I got a little overwhelmed.  I mean, what a responsibility!  I don't have a problem speaking in front of people, but this was so different from giving a speech--when we began the ceremony, Carrie and Tom were individuals, two individuals that I care deeply about, and when we ended, they were joined, as husband and wife, together.  

Just marrying my friends, no big deal...
As the honorable Reverend Subs, I was given a unique peek into their relationship.  Anyone who spends time with Carrie and Tom can feel their love and see how strong it is between them.  They are happy, beyond happy, and they deserve to be.  They are each such wonderful frindles to me and I can't say enough how blessed I am to have them in my life or how honored I was to be part of this incredibly special day.

The very happy couple
Thanks to the Universal Life Church, I can perform weddings, baptisms, and funerals.  I can't wait until Carrie and Tom have children so I baptize them!  

Hope you are having a great week!

Rev. Subs 


2 comments:

  1. love it. so awesome. I'm going to have to get used to the new title though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what we would do without you. We love you so much and feel so blessed to share all these special moments with you!

    ReplyDelete